Planning & Zoning
45 South Main Street
Mon & Wed, 9 - 11 am
Tue & Thur, 2 - 4:45 pm
Fri, 10 am - 1 pm
Assistant to the Town Planner: Tom Talbot
Land Use Specialist / Zoning Enforcement Officer: Amy Torre
Tel: (203) 294-2090
Fax: (203) 294-2095
- Review all development proposals and advise Planning and Zoning Commission if proposals submitted to them comply with Town regulations.
- Coordinate application review with pertinent Town Departments.
- Answer questions from residents, businesses, consultants, and developers pertaining to land use regulations within the Town.
- Advise Planning and Zoning Commission on changes to zoning and subdivision regulation and zoning district boundaries.
- Work with various state agencies in the review of local development projects, including the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Department of Transportation.
- Respond to complaints about zoning violations.
- Enforce sedimentation and erosion control regulations.
- Serve as floodplain coordinator for the Town.
- Provide staff assistance to the Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Works, as needed, with the Economic Development Specialist on business recruitment.
- Prepares plans (Plan of Development, Transit Oriented Development, parking) as needed.
- Plan of Conservation and Development 2016-2026 (adopted June 13, 2016). Additional information available on the POCD page.
- Final Transit Oriented Development (TOD) documents:
- Enforce sign regulations.
- U.S. Census Liaison.
- Organization, maintenance and archiving of all Planning & Zoning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals records, files and maps.
- Provide staff assistance to the Wallingford Aquifer Protection Agency.
- Application Forms/Fee Schedule
- Plan of Conservation & Development (POCD) Update
- Town Zoning Regulations - Updated online quarterly. Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Town Subdivision Regulations - Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Town Aquifer Protection Areas Regulations - Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Town Zoning Map - Please contact the Planning & Zoning Dept. for the most up-to-date map information.
- New Haven-Hartford-Springfield Rail Program
- Stormwater and You