Fire Prevention Bureau
75 Masonic Avenue
Mon thru Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Tel: (203) 294-2766
Fax: (203) 294-2736
Fire Marshal: Michael Gudelski
Deputy Fire Marshals:
- Investigate the origin and cause of fires and explosions within the Town.
- Conduct inspections as governed by the Connecticut Fire Safety Code and Fire Prevention Code, and enforce hazardous materials notification laws:
- All occupancies, outdoor amusements, facilities of public service and buildings as governed by the Fire Safety Code.
- Issue permits for blasting agents and controlled open burning (Open Burning Ordinance).
- Approve permits for use of fireworks and special effects.
- Conduct building, site and protection systems plan reviews to determine compliance with codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Provide public education, juvenile fire setter and safety programs.
- Provide assistance to the general public whenever requested and applicable.
Fire Safety Information
Fire safety information is available at the National Fire Protection Association website.
For FREE smoke alarm installation, please call the Fire Prevention Bureau (203-294-2766) for more information.
Fire Safety Recalls: