Energy Conservation - Commercial & Industrial
The Electric Division of the Wallingford Department of Public Utilities (WED) offers these programs and suggestions to help you reduce your electric costs.
- Lighting retrofit projects: Incentive payments up to 40% of the pre-tax project cost as long as the customer's payback period does not exceed five years. (A project might qualify for a pro-rated incentive payment if the projected payback exceeds five years.)
- Process equipment, HVAC replacement and retrofit projects: Incentive payments up to 40% of the pre-tax differential cost of the standard efficiency and higher energy efficiency equipment as long as the customer's payback period does not exceed five years. (A project might quality for a pro-rated incentive if the projected payback exceeds five years). Equipment such as air conditioning equipment (>30 tons), variable frequency drives (VFDs) and air compressor equipment may be considered for incentive eligibility.
The following incentive applications are valid for Commercial and Industrial Energy Efficiency measures completed January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Lighting Retrofit and Replacement Incentive
- Electric Process Equipment Retrofit and Replacement Incentive
The following rebate application is valid for commercial and industrial energy efficiency measures completed January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2021:
- Incentive program process description
- Lighting retrofit proposal spreadsheet (download a copy)
- Air dryer proposal spreadsheet (download a copy)
- Air compressor proposal spreadsheet (download a copy)
Contact the WED's Energy Efficiency & Conservation Specialist, Donald Mauritz, at 203-294-2280 for more information regarding qualifying projects, cost, payback period, how to apply, etc. and for questions on any of the WED's energy conservation programs.