135 North Main Street
Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
Tel: (203) 294-2800
Administration: (203) 294-2828
Fax: (203) 294-2865
Chief of Police: William J. Wright
Deputy Chief: John Ventura
Captain: Richard Homestead
- Administration and management of the Police Department.
- The Chief of Police is the Legal Traffic Authority for the Town.
- Internal Affairs Citizen Compliment/Complaint Form
- Proceso de Halagos o Quejas para los Ciudadanos y Ciudadano Formulario de Queja
- Internal Affairs Policy
- Wallingford Police Department 2017-2022 Strategic Plan
- Police Department ADA Notice
- Police Department ADA Grievance Procedure
Citizens Police Academy
Tel: (203) 294-2800
The Communications Center handles all calls relating to Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services.
Tel: (203) 294-2820
- Work with residents and merchants to develop shared responsibility for both the prevention and detection of criminal activity.
- Develop and implement comprehensive crime and loss prevention programs.
- Conduct residential and commercial security surveys.
- Coordinate with high school administrators on matters of mutual interest.
Tel: (203) 294-2845
Narcotics 24-Hr. Tip Line: (203) 269-NARC
- Investigate serious criminal cases.
- Conduct comprehensive narcotics investigation.
Tel: (203) 294-2805
Responsible for uniformed law enforcement and public safety within the community.
Tel: (203) 294-2810
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 8 am - 4 pm
- Police incident and accident reports.
- Criminal history record information
- Public information requests
- Process requests for permits (bingo, raffle, bazaar, firearms, etc.).
- Responsible for the inventory and disposal of property and evidence.
Tel: (203) 294-2815
- Investigate motor vehicle accidents and traffic safety complaints.
- Conduct selective enforcement programs (e.g., radar, seatbelt and DWI).
- Participate in traffic safety awareness programs at the local high school.
- Respond to traffic signal malfunctions and coordinate required repairs with the outside contractor.
- Responsible for the installation of street and traffic regulatory signs.
- Emplacement of traffic control signs and barricades for special events and emergencies.
Tel: (203) 294-2825
The Youth Officers handle:
- Criminal matters involving children under the age of 18.
- Non-criminal matters involving children and youths.
The Youth Officers provide:
- Information and referral services for children and families.
- Crisis intervention.
- Adolescent alcohol and drug abuse information, assessment and referral.
- Safety and delinquency prevention program.