Wallingford Connecticut
Wallingford Connecticut
A Great New England Town
Home  |  Site Map  |  Phone Directory  |  Small Medium Large  
GovernmentDepartments and AgenciesEconomic DevelopmentAbout Our TownMeetings, Events & NewsLinks
Departments R - Z:
Registrar of Voters
Tax Collection Office
Town Clerk
Town Council
Veterans Service Center
Water & Sewer Divisions
Youth & Social Services

Town Clerk

45 South Main Street, Room #108
Tel:  (203) 294-2145
Fax: (203) 294-2150
Recordings until 4:45 p.m.
Email:  townclerk@wallingfordct.gov
     Office Hours:  Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm                   

Town Clerk: Barbara Thompson
Asst. Town Clerk:  Deborah McKiernan
Senior Clerk:  Sandra Lazor
Senior Clerk/Council Staff:  Lisa Moss                                 Notice: Wallingford Land Records are live online
                                                                                                              Connecticut Town Clerk’s Portal

Payment Options:  Cash or Check (checks made payable to "Wallingford Town Clerk")

1. Elections - National, State, Municipal and Special

  • Absentee Ballots (available starting July 24, 2018 for Democratic and Republican Primaries)
  • General
    • Distribution of materials
    • Record results
    • Advertisements
    • Keeper of records and reports
    • Campaign financing

2. Vital Statistics - Birth, marriage, death certificates and burial, cremation and disinterment permits

  • Issue certified copies of birth, marriage and death certificates to general public
  • Issue burial, cremation and disinterment permits to funeral directors
  • Record and index all vital statistics

3. Records

4. Licenses Issued

  • Dog licenses - June is Dog Licensing Month!
    • All dogs 6 months and older are to be licensed between June 1 and June 30 each year.
    • If this is a new dog for you, please complete the CT Dog License Application
    • Paperwork required from your vet:  Proof of spay or neuter   and   Proof of rabies vaccination
    • Fees (6/1 to 6/30):  $8.00 for spayed or neutered dog; $19.00 for non-spayed or neutered dog
  • Hunting, fishing, combination licenses and various forms 
    • Fishing Season Opened Early - Visit DEEP  for information on how to obtain on-line permit applications for fishing and boating.  Call the Town Clerk's Office for assistance.
  • Marriage licenses ($50 fee)

5. Miscellaneous

  • Advertises all public hearings
  • Attends all Council meetings
  • Certified voter ID cards
  • Gives oath to all officers
  • Issues duck stamps
  • Paperwork for Bonding Ordinances
  • Photocopy all public records on file
  • Service of Notary Public

Top  |  Print  |  + Share