Inland Wetlands and Watercourses
45 South Main Street, Basement Floor, Room #G-40
Fax: (203) 294-2095
Office Hours: Mon thru Fri, 9 am - 5 pm
Environmental and Natural Resources Planner: Erin O'Hare
- Act as staff to Wallingford Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission (IWWC). Review land use activities and proposed development applications and/or property improvements which are environmentally sensitive, including but not limited to:
- wetlands and/or watercourse impact or encroachment and stormwater run-off impact;
- assist applicants with technical advice; and
- provide the public with guidance and information regarding wetlands issues.
- Enforce Inland Wetlands and Watercourses Commission Regulations and permit conditions.
- Respond to wetlands and watercourse violation complaints.
- Act as staff to Wallingford Conservation Commission. Assist in implementation of open space management/environmental protection programs, and administration of Town Farmland Lease Properties Program. Review of properties for acquisition/disposition. Establish open space and natural resources protection goals.
** Wallingford's Pollinator Gardens -- Visit Pollinator Pathway's web site to find existing habitats in Wallingford
and to learn how you, too, can create pollinator friendly habitats.
Stormwater And You
| | Share